Tulane’s reputation finally exceeds itself

Almost as unbelievable as winning a football game

In case you somehow missed the memo (i.e. you were up on the third floor of Howie T in those hidden cubbies for the last week), you’ve probably heard the good news. Tulane’s national college ranking has gone up! Again! In News & World Report Best Colleges of 2016, Tulane shocked everyone by achieving a spot at number 41, compared to the previous year of being ranked at number 54.

Student, parents, and professionals alike celebrated that we were not only one of the top schools in the country, but within the top 50 – a marker to be coveted (and used excessively when interviewing for jobs). But this year we did even better, we’re in the 30’s – you can now say that Tulane is one of the top 40 SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTRY.

Sorry Vandy, you’re nice but you’re no Tulane.

If you’re like me, you have felt mixed messages about Tulane’s student body throughout the years. I knew that Tulane had some of the smartest kids I had ever met and that our SAT score average of over 2000 was nothing to laugh about, but I also knew that people (on and off campus) treated Tulane like a foster home for Ivy-rejects. So often I felt like the people of Louisiana looked to Tulane as God itself because it is the best university in their state (and one of the best in the South), but my friends and family back home on the East Coast saw it as no more than “a pretty good school.” If you’ve ever had moments such as these – where you know that you love Louisiana, New Orleans, and Tulane like none other because nothing can compare but wish the world saw it the same way? Take a deep breath, because now the whole world knows – Tulane is where y’at.

Take a look at our updated ranking

Welcome home, #39.

Tulane