The best dressed of sorority recruitment

What does ‘business formal’ even mean

Girls across campus, were fastening their strapless bras, painting over that chipped area on their pointer finger, and made sure they got those tiny pieces of quinoa out of their teeth – god forbid a sister sees it, or they’ll be cut instantly.

That’s right, welcome to sorority season.

Sorority recruitment, known to many college students as “rush”, went underway at numerous schools around the United States this spring. Here at Tulane, rushing in the spring is both a curse and a blessing. While it’s been nice to have time to get ourselves together before recruitment, it has also been a long, anxiety-ridden process to start the manner. If you’re like me, you were probably cycling through the same hundreds of questions in your mind all week- “What kinds of topics do I talk to the girls about? What heels should I wear for preference round? Better yet, what does ‘business formal’ even mean?!”

Sorority recruitment is now over (thank goodness) and we can speculate on some of the best outfits that girls wore throughout the weekend. Here are some of Tulane’s best dressed, newest sorority members:

Attire: Cocktail

Ella Schwartz and Jordan Cohn, Freshmen

“I picked this outfit out a minute ago!”-Ella Schwartz (left)

Sammy Slavin, 18, Emma Block, 19, and Jensen Polizzotto, 18 Freshmen

“This was my prom dress!”-Emma Block (middle)

Abby Silver, 18 Freshman

“My feet hurt so badly!”

Melissa Kaufman, 18 Freshman

“I wanted to wear a color because everyone else was wearing black!”

Attire: Business Formal

Nicole Chajson, 19 Freshman

“My sister picked this outfit out for me!”

Carly Edlin, 19 Freshman

“I wore this skirt for my Bat Mitzvah!”

Amanda Bender, 18, and Logan Pincus, 18 Freshmen

Sarah Lampert, 20 Freshman

“I was really worried that someone else would have this dress, but I hope I’m the only one!”

Gabi Ronn, 19 Freshman

“It took me over an hour to get ready this morning!”

Tulane national-us