Multiple bomb threats at Tufts University

Finals are postponed

On Monday morning, May 9th 2016, a car was put on fire near Health Services, on 124 Professors Row.

A mysterious note was found as TUPD extinguished the fire, stating that bombs were placed in Cabot Hall, Braker Hall, Cohen Auditorium, and Tisch Library. All these buildings are closed until further notice. Health Services and the Sports Complex, too, are secured.

Most morning examinations were cancelled. The police are currently investigating the buildings and shutting access to these areas. Stay up to date with your school email to find out if/when your exam is taking place.

“After a finishing a grueling first final, I searched every nook and cranny of the campus to find a quiet place to study,” said sophomore Sandeep Rishi, who has two other finals today. “But at each place I was turned away by the stern faces of the University’s police and fire departments.”

“All of the affected buildings have been evacuated and secured. [Buildings will be reopened] once it is safe to do so. […] All morning activities, including final exams, are postponed. Pending reopening of the affected buildings a decision will be made regarding afternoon activities and final exams as soon as possible.”

Dining Halls remain open. Let’s stick together folks.

Tufts University