We asked Temple couples what their ‘special song’ with their significant other is

From the likes of Fetty Wap and Drake to classic Disney, Temple couples seem to get their ‘special songs’ from just about everywhere.

Love is in the air with Valentine’s Day soon approaching us and it’s no surprise some couples on campus have a special song with their loved one.

In order to gather the best songs from these couples, I crashed some couple’s romantic hand-holding and pre-class goodbye kisses to hear all about their romantic lives.

In the spirit of the romantic holiday, The Tab asked these couples what their significant song was and if they had a story behind it.

Amanda Lewis, Psychology major with a minor in Cognitive Neuroscience, Junior

Our first couple, Amanda and her boyfriend Robert, have been dating for about a year and their song is “Take it All Back”  by Judah & The Lion.

They told The Tab  they enjoy screaming the lyric, “Big ol’ diamond ring” together in the car.

Kelsey Macieunas, Speech Language and Hearing Science major, Junior

If you thought having one special song with someone was great, then imagine singing a variety of songs from good ole Disney!

Kelsey and her boyfriend have been dating for about two years and enjoy singing Disney songs together. What can we say, sometimes a good Disney song is the way to go.

Corey and Megan, Theatre majors, Seniors

Romance can truly be found anywhere and in any song. That’s why this Temple theater couple found their love song in Drake’s “One Dance.”

We all need a one dance, right?

Shannon Deihl, Kinesiology major, Senior 

Shannon and her boyfriend share a special, iconic song with each other –  “679” by Fetty Wap.

There’s no denying a good Fetty Wap song can be surprisingly romantic, and if you disagree – you’re just wrong.

Dominic Procopio, Strategic Communications major, Junior 

Dominic and his girlfriend don’t have a special song, but he tells The Tab his girlfriend makes fun of him for not knowing any popular radio songs!

Mitzi, Biology, Freshman and Joseph, Junior, Accounting

This couple goes the extra mile with their songs and share Spotify playlists together! Mitzi said their top three shared songs were “Stay Awhile” by Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, “Thief” by Ookay, and “Divinity” by Porter Robinson.

Michelle Cappuccio, Business, Sophomore 

Michelle and her boyfriend share the song “This Town” by Niall Horan. Michelle says the song makes her really happy and she’s glad she gets to share it with her boyfriend.

Pam Andreola, Psychology, Junior  

Pam has been dating her boyfriend Jon for about 4 years and their song is “Whatever” by Zac Brown Band.

Alex James, Kinesiology major with a minor in Clinical Psychology, Sophomore 

Alex and his girlfriend share a few songs.

“More Than Life,” by Whitley, “Distance Kills” by Nolita Knights, “Rivers and Roads,” by The Head and the Heart, and “The Girl” by City and Color are just a few songs these two share fondly together.

Temple University