If you didn’t know, native North Philly rapper, Meek Mill spent his snow day at Temple yesterday

‘South Philly where they made me, North Philly where they raised me’

The North Philly native and rapper Meek Mill surprised Temple students with his visit to his old neighborhood on 18th and Berks before his concert at the Wells Fargo Center yesterday.

Photo from Meek’s Instagram story

Junior, Rachel DeLucy told The Tab, she was walking to her friend’s house when she noticed a huge crowd surrounding the rapper.

“We were all shocked to see him just walking down the block and everyone started trying to get pictures and videos of him, and his reaction to all of us was great. He was excited to see us all so hyped up over him.”

Rachel and other Temple students even made a quick appearance on Meek’s Instagram story. Rachel tweeted a video of the famous rapper walking down the block yesterday and the tweet has now received over 500 retweets.

This is certainly not the first time students have spotted Meek on the streets of North Philadelphia since the rapper has shown his obvious love and pride for his old neighborhood.

Last February, Meek Mill posted videos on Instagram featuring Temple students partying on Gratz Street with the caption “My hood the trillest #templetrappas.”

He also posted a photo on the stoop of 1836 18th Street along with a throwback picture featuring his fellow North Philly friends.

North n#%gas TBT

A photo posted by Meek Mill (@meekmill) on Feb 9, 2017 at 9:39am PST

It’s pretty safe to say that Temple students love Meek Mill and Meek Mill loves us right back.

Temple University