‘Peeping Tom’ reported near Temple student’s apartment

Footage shows a male taking a photo using flash

A female Temple University student reported an encounter with a Peeping Tom near her apartment on December 5th. The incident was reported to Campus Police at 10:43pm and according to the student, this was not the first encounter she had with the Peeping Tom.

The student who has asked to stay anonymous was able to obtain footage and a semi-clear photo of the male who she thinks has been doing this several times. In order to find the identity of the Peeping Tom, a friend of the hers posted pictures of the male on the Temple University Class of 2018 page.

She describes the man as “a white male 6’2” about 160 pounds and has been seen wearing a gray and black North Face.”

According to the female student, the male ran away after she noticed him photographing her as she was leaving the shower to change.

“We’ve been having this Peeping Tom for a month now. He would look into my window and my roommate’s and we called the police but nothing came out of it and a report was only filed,” the she told The Tab.

“Last night I had just gotten home from the Tech Center and I was with my boyfriend and I hopped in the shower. My boyfriend was just hanging out in my room and I was in my towel and then I dropped the towel to get changed — when within a few seconds a flash went off through my window. I knew someone took a photo and my boyfriend ran out and chased after the man who was lurking in the alleyway by my apartment building. Another man saw this happening and tripped the Peeping Tom and my boyfriend was able to tackle him. But then he got away and that’s when we filed everything with Campus Police.”

Footage exclusively given to The Tab shows a male lurking by the female student’s window and taking a photo with flash.

“I’m upset, nervous and distraught about the whole thing. There isn’t exactly a way to describe all the feelings I am feeling,” said the student. “Essentially I feel like my privacy and body was violated by this pervy creep.”

Campus Police are investigating the identity of the male.

If you can help identify the male, contact Campus Police immediately or submit a tip anonymously on their website.

Temple University