Ways to be productive over winter break

We’re almost halfway through winter break, 20 days away from the first day of spring semester, and, if you’re anything like me, bored out of your mind. The holidays are […]

We’re almost halfway through winter break, 20 days away from the first day of spring semester, and, if you’re anything like me, bored out of your mind. The holidays are great and being with family is amazing but going from facing the constant stress of classes and extracurriculars to doing absolutely nothing feels weird. And sure, maybe you’re not bored yet, but that last week in January is possibly worse than the wait to return home for winter break. So get out of bed, stop watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix, put on real people clothes, and saddle up for ways you can be productive this winter break and not hate yourself quite as much in the spring.

Find an internship

studying

Hop on LinkedIn and Orange Link and get ready for the fun that is trying to build your future career. Do you want to be in New York? DC? Boston? LA? You probably have no idea because unless you’re a junior/senior you might not even know what you want to major in. But time stops for no one and experience in something is always relevant, so try to pick what you’re interested in, write a bomb cover letter, update your resume with your fresh GPA, and hope for the best.

Plan your spring break

Maybe you’re just going home or staying in ‘Cuse which is chill. But if you’re planning a trip with your friends, start now. Be the one that steps up and gets people to commit or back out, because plane tickets are only going to get more expensive. As if Miami isn’t already expensive enough.

Get boring adult stuff done

you may die of boredom in the waiting room, but at least you'll get your cavities filled!

you may die of boredom in the waiting room, but at least you’ll get your cavities filled!

Go to the dentist, get your hair cut, finally go to your doctor to get diagnosed with mono. A month long break gives you time to get yourself caught up on making sure that you’re healthy and returning to school at your best so that way you can fall apart again by the end of February.

Think about your New Year’s Resolution

Make flanagan gym your home next semester

Maybe its to work out more. Maybe its to stop talking to men that only waste your time. Whatever it may be, pick a resolution that is possible for you to achieve so that way you can fill yourself with a sense of accomplishment that is actually deserved.

Emotionally prepare yourself for Syracuse

Frat Party

We say college kills us, and it does to a certain degree, but we all know at the end of the day we’re dying to be back in the land of the orange. Just be prepared to handle the rough nights throwing up in Harry’s just as you’re ready to handle peaking at the best tailgates ever.

Syracuse University