What went down in ‘Cuse this week

Incase ya missed anything

Orange Nation has officially transitioned back into school mode with the Spring Semester finally in full swing here on the Hill.

Here’s what you missed in ‘Cuse this week.

The 31st annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration

At the 31st Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration at the Dome, about 2,000 students attended this University sponsored event making it the largest of its kind. The evening featured multiple performances and speakers who came together to commemorate Dr. King.

A group of students at the 31st Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration at the Carrier Dome

Black History Month kicks off in Schine

Students gathered in Schine on Monday to celebrate the beginning of February, Black History Month. Performances included appearances from fraternities commemorating different leaders in the history of Black History Month. Events throughout the month include dinners, film-screenings,  banquets, events and guest-speakers sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Affairs.

Sororities celebrate bid day

What was all that commotion on Sunday you ask? Bid day.

After enduring two weekends of recruitment processes, the Pledge Classes of the 12 SU sororities were given their bids and sent home to celebrate. If you were lucky enough to witness this with your own eyes, you will have seen hoards of ladies running around campus home to their respective houses to celebrate with their new friends.

Rush season is now over, let dry season begin!

Cue the sweatpants and Netflix.

Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow

The Groundhog did not see his shadow, thus spring will come early this year.

This comes as no surprise since we have experienced grossly spring-like weather this week.

SU Campus with NO snow on February 4th. Global warming?

‘Cuse beat Virginia Tech in OT

DAB.

The Orange came through and beat the Hokies 68-60 in overtime on Tuesday. Go Orange!

(What is a Hokie anyway?)

Alex Purdy was featured on the Today Show for her #SororityRevamp

SU Senior Alex Purdy spoke out against her experience in a house here at SU with her video that calls for a revamp of the sorority. Purdy’s words received mixed feedback.

The video went viral and landed Purdy on The Today Show for Thursday Morning where the hosts discussed Purdy’s video along with the negative connotations of sororities nationwide. Host Hoda Kotb ended the segment by flashing her sign and exclaiming “I was a TriDelt!”.

Funniest SU social media moments of the week

Incase you were wondering what the squirrels of ‘Cuse looked like through the eyes of other students, somebody made this account to showcase the squirrels that live amongst us here on the Hill.

The greatest way to wake up

Stay classy, Syracuse

Me too, tree, me too

Syracuse University