Guess who swears more than any other state in America?

New fucking Jersey that’s who

A psychological study was released earlier this month revealing that New Jersey residents curse more than any other state.

Maastricht University, who ran the study, found that both on social media and real life, more swearing positively correlates with honesty.  They also ranked states on their honesty level in interactions with New Jersey, also topping the integrity table.

With such a high use of profanities, it stands to reason that Garden State residents have the most integrity.

The scientists who performed the research said: “We found a consistent positive relationship between profanity and honesty; profanity was associated with less lying and deception at the individual level and with higher integrity at the society level.”

The study analyzed 100,000 social media posts from all across the states as well as interviewing 300 participants on their use of curse words.

The participants had to self-report profanity use, reason, and had to answer a lie-scale test. The researchers then compared the amount of profanity use and honesty markers in their interactions.

New Jersey was found to be highest in both use of profanity and integrity, with Utah swearing the least and New Jersey tied with Iowa for the states with the most integrity.

Rutgers University