Rutgers took over Harrah’s pool, and I was there for the madness

‘It was like a Tuesday night out but on steroids’

We all know Rutgers throws the best parties – especially when they’re in Atlantic City. If you go to Rutgers and have a Facebook, you probably got the invite to the “Rutgers Takeover” hosted by The Pool at Harrah’s Casino.

Just in case you weren’t able to make it (or weren’t invited to the 21+ event) and had a slight case of FOMO, I’m here to tell you all the details of the infamous Wednesday night partying with the best university in the world.

On the night of the party, Harrah’s had rooms starting at $50, a pretty sweet deal for a bunch of college students. A friend’s mother reserved a comp room for us, so we upgraded to a suite in the tower closest to the pool entrance. That meant only a 30 second walk in my 6-inch heels.

As you would imagine, the suite was gorgeous. The big bathroom was ideal for a group of girls to get ready and take spontaneous photos and group selfies.

Once we entered the pool area, Harrah’s stamped our hands so we could re-enter later. That way we could take advantage of all the amenities, gamble and pregame in our room.

Walking around the bars inside and out, everyone was having a blast. The cabanas were packed with students and people were snapping pics with the entertainers and dancers. The DJ was fantastic and played several throwbacks which had everyone singing along.

My friends and I made a bet that at 4am, we’d all jump into the pool in our dress clothes just for the hell of it. But before the clock struck 4am, one of my friends stripped down to a bathing suit underneath her dress, prompting the rest of our crew to dump their phones and valuables and jump in.

Before I knew it, half of them were swimming around in their LBDs like they were in their own backyard. I stood poolside holding all the dress shoes and shirts as I watched half the group splash and dunk each other in the middle of the club.

There were so many people I knew or at least recognized from the streets of New Bruns, so it truly felt like a normal Tuesday night out but on steroids. The club was packed, but the crowd made the atmosphere that much better.

The rest of the night was filled with drinks, dancing, free t-shirts and bracelets, watching the dancers with perfect bods and giving my number out to people who I did or didn’t hope texted me the next day.

My night finally ended at 6am. Rutgers goes hard. I had work in the morning, so I only had two hours of sleep. But would I do it all over again? Absolutely.

Cheers to you, Harrah’s, for one hell of a Knight.

Rutgers University