Princeton Rowing will race in pink this weekend to raise money for cancer

Pull for a cure

Despite nominally being a spring season team, Princeton Crew will be heading to Boston this weekend to compete in the Head of the Charles Regatta. This is a regatta which can lay claim to being “the largest two-day regatta in the world.” A staggering 11,000 athletes will compete and hundreds of thousands of spectators will crowd the banks and bridges of the Charles river to catch a glimpse of anyone, from local high schools to the greatest Olympic athletes of our generation, racing down the 4,800 meter course shoulder to shoulder.

The Charles presents not only a fantastic chance for us to race amongst and against the best crews in the world, but also garner enough publicity to make it an unmissable stage to use our status as one of the premier rowing programs in the United States, if not the world, in order to bring attention to a far more important cause than our intentions on the water. This cause being the battle against cancer.

At both the Head of the Charles and the Princeton Chase, the Tigers will be racing in pink in addition to our traditional colors of orange and black as a symbol of our support of, and unity with, those who are currently affected by cancer across the globe. In addition to our more symbolic efforts to raise awareness, we have also been fundraising for the American Cancer Society in order to make a more tangible and direct difference. The purpose of this article is to encourage everyone who feels they are able to donate to this charity and to stand with us as we aim to help progress towards eliminating cancer for good.

Princeton Rowing

All the big names will be at the Charles: Harvard, Yale, Brown, Cornell, Penn, Dartmouth, UC Berkeley and UW to name but a few. If nothing else motivates you to join us, hopefully school pride will. The link to our team fundraising page is included below and this is a great opportunity to show our competitors what happens when Tigers get behind each other.

So please, sign up and stand with us as we aim to help make cancer a thing of the past.

Princeton University