Anti-Trump protestors marched through Oakland this afternoon

They marched in response to Trump’s immigration ban and wall proposal

Yes, there was yet another protest in Oakland this afternoon. This comes just two days after President Trump’s “border tax” idea regarding the proposed wall along the United States-Mexican border and just one day after his executive order banning muslims from entering the U.S.

While Republicans have praised both measures, others have been critical.

Under the executive order signed by President Trump, those living in seven Muslim-majority nations will be banned from entering the U.S. for the next 90 days. Those attempting to flee Syria will be banned indefinitely.

Along with the issue of xenophobia, those who oppose Trump’s immigration ban and border tax are also worried about possible economic implications. Although President Trump has ensured that his proposed 20% tax on imported Mexican goods is a way of ensuring that Mexico pays for the wall, many fear that the burden will fall on U.S. consumers:

Today’s event was organized by ANSWER Pittsburgh, an organization that promotes diplomacy, rather than war, and works to end racism. About 350 protesters met at Schenley Plaza and marched through Oakland, led by a large banner, reading, “Stop Trump! Shut down white supremacy!” The protestors marched along Forbes Avenue. As with every Pittsburgh protest thus far, police officers were accommodating.

A few couples even brought children, who happily participated, bundled up in warm jackets.

And it wouldn’t be a Pittsburgh march if the word “jagoff” wasn’t referenced.

In the past week, there have been four protests in Oakland alone, and it’s doubtful they’ll stop anytime soon.

Video coverage of the march can be found here.

University of Pittsburgh