The #PittBlackout is back

The Panthers are ready to debut their 2017 blackout jerseys

This season’s greatly anticipated blackout game will be held at the Peterson Events Center on Saturday, January 28th where the Pittsburgh Panthers will take on the Clemson Tigers in front of the Zoo.  This will be the third annual #PittBlackout game held at the Pete, and the first time the black jerseys will feature the beautiful Pitt Script. The game starts at 12pm.

This is looking to be an exciting game considering Pitt’s strong offense this year, led by seniors Michael Young (22.3 PPG) and Jamel Artis (21.5 PPG). The Panthers opened up ACC play hosting a nail-biting loss in OT against then No. 24 Notre Dame, only to win the following game against then No. 11 Virginia. The Panthers are playing their next game this Wednesday at No. 14 Louisville, with their next home being this Saturday against the Miami Hurricanes.

As of now, the Panthers (12-4) and the Tigers (11-4) both hold a 1-2 record in the ACC.

Some say the Panthers have one of the most (maybe the most) difficult schedules in NCAA history. The ACC currently has six teams ranked in the AP top 25, an improvement from the five teams that were in the Preseason AP top 25 rankings. The Panthers have proved that they have the desire and heart to stay in the games and keep them as close as possible, showcasing their talent in what is arguably the most competitive conference in the NCAA. The games are exciting and the atmosphere is electric; there is no better place to spend a Pitt game than inside the Oakland Zoo.

Make sure to buy your tickets to this Saturday’s game against Miami, and while you’re at it, be sure to buy your ticket for the January 28th #PittBlackout game. Be sure to support our Panthers!

There will be free #PittBlackout tee’s for everyone in attendance for the 12PM game.

Hail to Pitt!

University of Pittsburgh Hide Images