Penn State ranked fourth best school for Mineral & Mining Engineering

We’re also ranked seventh best for Hospitality and Leisure Management, and as always our Engineering programs are among the very best

A few months ago, the New York Times did a study that essentially reaffirmed how great Penn State is, telling us that Penn State grads are likely to earn more money later in life. Not too bad, huh? This week, we have even more great more news.

QS World University Rankings recently released their updated list of the best schools based on subject. Penn State, as always, is a recurring name among the top 100 schools for a variety of subjects. Listing every single subject for which we were ranked in the top 100 would take forever (seriously, we’re on the list so many times), so here are all the subjects for which we rank in the top 50.

Our Hospitality and Leisure Management takes the cake, ranking #7 in the world, followed by sports-related subjects as #8. Our Agriculture and Forestry program is #15, Communications and Media Studies is #29 and Earth and Marine Sciences is #32.

Education and Nursing majors are in luck, as we’re #35 for both programs. Materials Science follows that with a ranking of #37 and Anatomy and Physiology come in at #39. Psychology is ranked #40, Archaeology and Geography both come in at #45 and Environmental Sciences is #47.

Our engineering programs are amazing–as always. Mineral and Mining is #4 in the entire world. Chemical, Civil & Structural, Electrical & Electronic, Mechanical and Aeronautical all are in the 51-100 range.

Not too bad for a non-Ivy school.

Penn State