Joe Jonas made a surprise visit to THON last night with DNCE

THON 2017 kicked off with surprise guest DNCE raising energy levels incredibly high

THON 2017 officially kicked off with all dancers standing up and embarking on their 46-hour journey. Everyone was up and moving. Laughter from kids shooting squirt guns and dancers excitingly talking about how “this is real, we are here” could be heard throughout the BJC floor. Within the first hour, everyone was surprised with this year’s new line dance. But, right after learning how to “raise our pinky rings to the moon,” surprise guest Joe Jonas and his band DNCE filled the BJC with their hit song, Cake by The Ocean.

Overheard during the performance from a nearby dancer, “this has to be a dream, Joe Jonas just chanted WE ARE at THON. This just can not be real.” But it was. Everyone who was in Joe’s presence felt a little starstruck. There’s no denying that DNCE brought a stellar performance to THON 2017.

The entire concert was packed with energy from beginning to end. The crowd was full of smiling kids on top of shoulders trying to sing along, and kids and dancers alike dancing to the beat just having an incredible time. Towards the end of the set, the Nittany Lion made a guest appearance and potentially stole the spotlight from Joe Jonas’ singing. To be fair, the Nittany Lion backflipped and raised his four diamonds proud and high into the air.

What will be next for THON 2017?

Penn State