Lambda Chi is the goat… literally

Penn State Lambda Chi bought a miniature frat goat, and she’s more popular than you will ever be

If there is one thing almost all college students can come to an agreement on, it’s that we all love the idea of a fraternity pet, typically a dog, known as a “frat puppy.” Despite having met a frat puppy in real life, seeing one on television or hearing stories about the dogs from our parents’ college days, we are always excited for the chance to be in the presence of a frat dog.

Dogs are a common pet people love, but what if a fraternity had a frat goat? A Pennsylvania State University sophomore Alex Buckley brought the brothers of Lambda Chi Alpha a frat goat, and it was a game changer.

This began with Alex Buckley always joking around with his brothers about buying a Lambda Chi lamb. After experiencing that lambs prove to be a not so pleasant pet, Alex set his sights on a frat goat. He reached out to local farms all around the area in hopes of purchasing Penn State’s first Lambda Chi frat goat. He found a farm right outside of Bellfonte, PA that had a 7-week-old, white furred, female, miniature goat- his dream goat. Alex went to pick up his baby goat as a regular college student, and left a dad.

The goat, now 10 weeks old, goes by the name of Bella Russe Buckley and has been living in the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity house at PSU for three weeks.

“All of the brothers love her, literally every single person in our frat loves the goat. A lot of the time I can’t even find her because she’s always in someone else’s room,” Alex told The Tab. “She’s never alone, there is always someone with her.”

Alex claims that Bella Russe Buckley has really brought their chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha together.

“It’s a good bonding experience, all of the brothers take care of her together and everyone helps take her on walks. She has one dad and forty uncles that love her”.

When Bella first entered the house, she slept on a dog bed. Bella tried to eat the dog bed, so the brothers threw it out and did some additional research on which environment would be the most comfortable for their new pet.

After researching, the members made a bed made of rocks and straw for Bella to sleep on that she loves. The brothers explained that Bella’s favorite foods are hay and goat feed, a mixture of corn, barley, and herbs.

Alex said, “She loves playing on the couch, she head butts it and hops all around, she’s just a happy goat”
Alex plans on keeping Bella Russe for as long as possible, and has plans to give her to local farm to board her over the summer.

Bella Russe Buckley has quickly become well known on Penn State’s main campus. Her Instagram @psugoat, gained over 500 followers just within seventy-two hours of the first post!

Bella’s followers range from students on campus, goat enthusiasts, and people from fifteen different schools around the country. People line up to take pictures with Bella dressed up in sweaters, and hope that whenever they go to the Lambda Chi house they will catch a glimpse of the famous Penn State frat goat.

For now, the frat goat’s fame is still growing, but lets hope the brothers of Lambda Chi Alpha are able to keep Bella Russe Buckley grounded before all of the fame gets to her head.

Penn State