These April winds are out of control and Oregonians are fed up

Hold on to your hats

It’s finally spring and while the sun brings us green grass and pretty flowers, it’s hard to enjoy the pretty plants when petals are being blown off their respective branches.

We’ve been pining for the sun since winter started, and we held out hope that the first week would bring us blue sky and sun. However, while it was tolerably warm outside all we got were clouds and some occasional rain drops. To add to the April weather fiasco, Oregonians were surprised with high winds.

Glorious, isn’t it?

Oregon isn’t a stranger to rain and some light winds, and while most of us don’t mind bringing a rain jacket with us to class, why can’t we break out the shorts and sunscreen for a change without being worried about being blown over by high winds?

You’re definitely not alone, Oregon residents and students are just as over these April winds as the next person. We rounded up some of the best tweets from the area about the memorable winds show.

The winds have also caused power outages and event cancellations. DMV’s in Grant’s Pass and Stayton are closed for the day, and have sent out warnings regarding power outages.

Meanwhile in Eugene, Oregon football’s first public open practice was cancelled Friday morning due to high winds and rains.

For the love of god, why can’t we put on a good image for visiting students?

Rest assured, if you can get used to the changing Eugene weather you can conquer anything.

University of Oregon