What did you do on Inauguration Day? Students share their Inauguration morning experiences

The answers were stereotypical college

No matter if you’re blue, red, or as purple and indifferent as purple can be, there’s no doubt that you had Trump’s inauguration on your radar this morning. The University of Oregon, and Oregon in general, is a liberal campus, leading to protests and rallies throughout the greater Pacific Northwest region throughout this weekend.

However, most UO students were up to things that would make their parents (and their sleep schedules) proud. We asked students what they were up to as a septuagenarian Cheeto placed his hand on the Bible, and here’s what they said:

Corey Solari, Sophomore, Political Science

What were you doing? ‘I was sleeping’

Thomas Kelson, Junior, Romance Languages and Chinese, and Mario Marchand, Freshman, Chemistry

Kelson (left) and Marchand (right)

What were you doing?

Thomas: ‘I was doing some last minute homework and preparing for a study abroad trip.’

Mario: ‘I was eating breakfast and heading to my math class.’

What were you doing?

‘I was walking into my geology class with no mention of Trump… In my next class, one student proclaimed, ‘It’s Black Friday!’

Elliot Ergeson, Sophomore, Political Science and Philosophy and Ethan Faust, Sophomore, Political Science

Ergeson (left) and Faust (right)

What were you doing?

Elliot: ‘I was dead asleep and then I headed to my philosophy class.’

Ethan: ‘I was handing out papers.’

Sarah Selland, Sophomore, Psychology and General Social Science

What were you doing? ‘I was at home in bed, checking social media updates on my phone.’

Ryan Ford, Sophomore, Geology

What were you doing? ‘I got up, made some coffee, and watched part of the inauguration.’

Maya Iyer, Sophomore, Psychology

What were you doing? ‘I was at work, at the student help desk.’

University of Oregon