How much it really costs you to skip a class at UO

One class is worth four pairs of Nike shoes

It’s Week 10, and with finals coming up it’s tempting to skip class to study for the next slate of tests. As much as you may not want to think about it, going to class does matter. In fact, here’s the complete break down of the cost of skipping one of your college classes. Don’t throw in the towel for Fall Term yet, here’s where you could be spending your money:

According to the Office of the Registrar, tuition for the 2016-2017 school year for an in-state undergraduate student is estimated to be about $3,587.25. While you may not want to think about the math as you sleep through your 8 a.m., let’s say each class you take is four credits each. If one credit is $198, we can assume that students are taking at least 15 credits a term. That would mean the total cost of one term is $2,970.

If you take $198 x 4 credits, one class at the U of O costs $792. Every time you decide to take a rain check on one of your classes, you are wasting $792.00.

To put it in perspective, here are some other ways that money can be spent:

10 Peppermint Mochas at Starbucks

Holiday drinks are bae.

Let’s face it, we need these fuel injections when pulling an all-nighter in the library.

1 Caesar Salad at Taylor’s

Who can argue against a good meal from Taylor’s to get you through your day?

Two text books

Did you do your reading last night? It’s a good idea to study up before that pop quiz today.

5 Batches of cookies from Dough Co.

Thank you, Doughco.

Giant chocolate chip cookies make study sessions that much easier.

3 Double Cheeseburgers at Caspian

Must. have. Caspian

Better than McDonald’s? I think yes.

4 pairs of Nike shoes

So fly.

You have to look fly if you wanna fly like a Duck.

1 pair of headphones from the Duckstore

Did you hear that? Go to class!

Moral of the story: go to class and actually learn something before the term is over. Unless you are extremely sick, then stay in bed.

University of Oregon