Huge protest on UO campus after election results announcement

They’re currently marching toward downtown chanting ‘Fuck Donald Trump!’

Hundreds of University of Oregon students at the EMU are shouting, “Fuck Donald Trump!” in anger and protest to the election results of tonight’s election.

The rally started on the back lawn behind the EMU and Carson hall before running down University street and towards downtown Eugene.  Eye witnesses said they could hear the chanting from Barnhart on Patterson street.

Students marching towards downtown

Colin Buchanan was one of the organizers of the rally.

“We were very upset with the result and we didn’t want to feel like keeping quiet and we wanted to make sure we were heard in every way we can and make sure there is a representation of people who disagree with everything that has happened. It was a few students in our hall, Bean West, we grabbed our friends speaker and started in our courtyard and it just grew as more people came out”.

Police going towards downtown

The hundreds students ran together while chanting repeatedly. While many students are angry with the situation, many are terrified.

“I’m fucking terrified of this whole thing. The mission is to raise support that Donald Trump cannot be our president,” said freshman Margaret Gibson.

“I think the whole point of this protest is to get awareness that Donald Trump just won. The whole world as we know it for minorities will be uprooted and destroyed as well as our whole economic system and morals being exposed to the world in such a bad way.”

Thousands of students are joining in this movement in protest of Trump’s election

It’s no secret that people are upset of tonight’s results.

“I am in an organization and we all live together and we were fired up about the election and we were going to join them and the guy who was leading them, Jackson Paul, he was living with us,” said freshman Paige Hahn, a leader in tonight’s run.

“I’m helping to make our voice go. We are going however far we need to.”

12:30 am: people are gathering outside the Knight library and are chanting “This is what democracy looks like!” Police are leading crowds through the streets .

More to follow.

University of Oregon