Prosecutor to seek death penalty for suspect in OSU student Reagan Tokes murder case

Brian Golsby has been connected with six additional robberies in German Village

Almost two months ago, Ohio State senior Reagan Tokes was murdered after leaving her job at Bodega in the Short North. Today, Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’ Brien announced that he will file an indictment seeking the death penalty against Brian Golsby, who has been accused of kidnapping, rape, and murder.

Including the charges in the case of Reagan Tokes, Golsby has racked up 18 counts including aggravated robbery, tampering with evidence, and a number of other charges. He has officially been connected to six robberies in the German Village area.

An overview of the counts against Brian Golsby outlines the charges brought against him in further detail, showing a long list of violent offenses between the murder of Reagan Tokes and the incidents in the German Village area.

The overview relating to the Reagan Tokes case states the following:

“The counts is Golsby’s indictment associated with Reagan Tokes include Aggravated Murder, Aggravated Robbery, Kidnapping, Rape, and Tampering With Evidence. The indictment also includes a combination of the following Specifications: Firearm, Sexual Motivation, Sexually Violent Predator, and Repeat violent Offender Specifications. The Specifications to the Aggravated Murder counts that makes Golsby eligible for the death penalty include committing the homicide during the commission of Aggravated Robbery, Kidnapping, and Rape, killing a person to escape apprehension, and killing a person with prior calculation and design.”

Ohio State