Ohio State ranked in top one percent of universities globally in over 35 subjects

We’re also the 88th best university in the world

The Ohio State University is ranked in the top one percent worldwide in 39 subjects, as well as the top 100 for best universities, according to a recent QS University. QS World University Rankings publishes an annual list ranking the best schools. Their 2017 list places Ohio Sate at 88, putting it in the top one percent of the world.

This study was conducted with data from 250,000 universities and their website allows users to explore the world’s top 900 universities and their rankings, and has found that Ohio State excels in many areas of study. It’s no surprise that Ohio State ranks so high on the list, considering OSU has already been named the best university in Ohio, has the best football stadium, and now, we can proudly say that a large number of the majors that Ohio State offers ranks in the top one percent of all universities.

QS analyzes information from global academic surveys, faculty to student ratios, university reputations, among other factors, in order to create a concise and accurate ranking of universities world wide.

Ohio State also ranked in the top 50 in 6 subjects:

Agriculture & Forestry: 39
Communication & Media Studies: 21
Geography: 35
Linguistics: 20
Sports-related Subjects: 23
Veterinary Science: 18

Ohio State