Rejoice music lovers, there’s an official anti-Trump playlist

The best way to cope with tough times is always music

Right now half of Americans find themselves trying to digest the looming crisis of a Trump presidency. Donald Trump has yet to take office and already the senate has made moves to get rid of the Affordable Care Act and ruled that insurance companies no longer have an obligation to cover the cost of contraceptives.

The cherry on top of everything has to be that our future president has the lowest approval rating in decades—which is a whopping 48%. Despite all of the bad news for those opposed to proposed Trump policies, I’m here to tell you that there is still hope left and that hope comes in the form of music.

Our First 100 Days is a playlist created to protect the causes and organizations that could be threatened, eliminated, or ignored by our next president. For a one time donation of $30 you can gain access to all 100 songs on their playlist with all proceeds going toward organizations that work with issues like climate change, immigration, reproductive rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and more.

The idea came about after the pre-election anti-Trump 30 Days, 30 Songs project. Our First 100 Days features songs from artists like Angel Olsen, How to Dress Well, The Range, Toro Y Moi, Mitski, Whitney, and more. This is a win-win for everyone—you get to discover cool, new music and your money goes to benefit the people and groups who need it most. It’s a music lover’s peaceful protest.

If you’ve been looking for a way to get involved or make a difference this is a good way to start. Many Americans (and people the world over) have been at a loss when it comes to finding an effective way to fight certain ideals held by the president-elect and the people in the government who have his back. It’s the small things like volunteering and donating that can make a huge difference.

This isn’t simply an anti-Trump playlist, but instead it’s a reminder of what is truly important to so many American people. These songs and the cause behind them are are meant to, in the words of the project’s creators, “inspire progress and benefit a cause for change.”

Ohio State Hide Images