NYU ranked in the top 1 percent of universities in the world

No big deal though

If the first day of classes has got you asking yourself the inevitable question; – “Why am I even at college right now?” –  then we have some news that may well cheer you up.

According to the QS World University Rankings published this week, NYU is ranked as the 46th best university in the world. The study only lists the top 1,000 schools, but there were 25K involved overall. NYU sat comfortably in the top 1%. Additionally, NYU ranked as the 2nd best university in which to study Philosophy and the Arts and Science faculty ranked 9th in the world. Finally, the university received a 5 star rating in all four categories used by QS to determine the quality of an institution which include Research, Innovation, Facilities and Specialist criteria. Not too bad from the school that names its student body after a dainty purple flower.

So go forth Violets into the new year, with the knowledge that you’re at one of the top universities in the whole world. And know that while we may not beat them at football (what with the lack of our team), brain can always beat muscle.

NYU