How to make the most of the last six weeks at Umich

Six weeks left guys… make them count.

As the school year comes to an end and summer looms around the corner, you might get stuck in a study rut. But this is Ann Arbor and there are always fun things to do. In the last six weeks of the semester, take advantage of the best college town and do as many fun things as you can! Here are a few ideas:

Big Ten Hockey Semifinals: Two big wins against Penn State at Yost finished the regular hockey season for the Wolverines. On Thursday, March 16th, they play Penn State again in the semifinals of the Big Ten Tournament. Hockey is always fun to watch (who doesn’t love seeing large guys hit the crap out of each other) and it will be a scrappy one.

First March Madness Game: After the huge win of the Big Ten tournament, every UM fan should be watching the Wolverines take on Oklahoma State Friday, March 17th. Make your way to your lounge, living room, or local bar to cheer them on!

Saint Patrick’s Day: Not really a day but more of a weekend. Put on as much green as you can, pretend you’re Irish and darty like there’s no tomorrow. No further explanation is necessary.

Backpacking starts: Another semester of trying to make the perfect schedule. Picking classes is stressful for everyone, but we have to do it. Backpacking opens Wednesday, March 22nd. Take a look at the course guide and see what catches your eye, and make sure you have tons of backups because we all know we never get our first choice of classes no matter how hard we try.

Silent rave: When else will you have an excuse to dance with a pair of headphones on in the diag without being judged? On Thursday, March 23rd, you can! Grab your iPod and some friends and head to the center of campus for a  super fun and unique experience that everyone should do at least once.

Holi: The UM Hindu Students Council and Indian Students Association presents Holi on Sunday, April 2nd. Holi is the Hindu festival of color and signifies the start of spring! Head to Palmer Field to throw neon powder of each other while listening to Bollywood music, and make sure to wear a white shirt.

True Blue: True Blue is one of the events of the Bicentennial Colloquia and it’s on Saturday, April 8th. Some of the famous attendees will be James Earl Jones, Sanjay Gupta, Darren Criss, Margo Martindale and Cecilia Muñoz. There will be music and dance performances, and it’s an awesome way to celebrate the university while getting totally starstruck.

SpringFest: Friday, April 14th is the 6th annual SpringFest in the diag and on North University. Go and eat awesome food, listen to music and learn about global change. That night there will be a benefit concert ,with all proceeds going to the “Future Possible Selves” camp for under served Detroit youth. Some of the past performers have been 2 Chainz, Ben Folds, Common, J. Cole and Migos. We can’t wait to hear who’s coming this year! If you want any more information, click here.

Spring Football Game: Missing gamedays? Need to pull out your tailgate apparel? Saturday, April 15th is the spring game, an excuse to wear as much maize and blue as you possibly can. If you’re missing football (which I know I am) it’s a nice break in the nine long months without Harbaugh and his team.

Last day of classes: What (almost) every single person on this campus is looking forward to.  April 18th is the last day of classes! Sure, it’s followed by finals, but it’s one step closer to summer. Four long, blissful months of vacation. Go enjoy yourself, catch up with friends from home and be happy you made it through another year and, if you’re sad about leaving, look forward to all the fun welcome week offers. 

University of Michigan