How to bounce back from the post-spring break blues, MSU style

Came back from #SB2K17 with less than zero motivation? We gotchu

We know jumping back into school is rough after any break, but it seems almost impossible after spring break. Between the tropical getaways, constant partying and a week with no worries, going back to classes and late nights at the lib can be a smack in the face. Here are a few tips to ease you back into late nights, coffee breaks at Espresso Royale (or shitty Sparty’s if you’re in a rush), and trying to stand that TA that keeps messing your grade up.

Create a ‘you’ space

Remember all those pictures you took during spring break? I know you do, there are thousands. Set some time aside to pin some of those photos up, grab a drink and reminisce about all the great times you had a week ago. But maybe skip the hangover this time.

Find time to r e l a x

Most of us are still recuperating from our week away from class, but most profs don’t think we need to start slow. So while you’re studying for what seems like the hundredth exam in the next two weeks, don’t forget to give yourself a break every once in a while. Get cozy, take a nap, watch a movie, and have a glass of wine…or five.

Make a to-do list

Drink, check. Eat, check. Drink more, check. Sleep, check. Drink some more, check

Cry

Because what else are you going to do when you realize you can never go back to that week of no responsibilities?

Party the pain away

I mean, this IS Michigan State. If there’s one thing Spartans know how to do, it’s how to make a weekend count – from Wine Wednesday to Thirsty Thursday to Fucked Up Friday (a day particularly blessed this week. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!) to, um, Caturday.

So if you’re feelin’ it, go out, party hard, recover and go again. Your spring break spirit will be momentarily revived, and before you know it we’ll all be living it up over summer break.

In short, make your St. Patty’s Day count – don’t just sit there feeling sorry for your slightly-more-tanned self. If you miss being constantly, belligerently drunk without a worry in the world, this weekend can get you nearly there.

As Spartans, if there is anything we’re good at, it’s powering through the gloomy days and turning them into great ones. (Great ones full of booze, that is).

Michigan State