MSU Police issues arrest warrants for football players accused of sexual assault

Names have yet to be released

Last Wednesday, news broke that three Michigan State football players and a staff member were being investigated for sexual assault. Those athletes, who have remained unnamed, were removed from university housing and banned from team activities.

The Michigan State University Police department has now filed the request for those three players to be arrested. In a press release that was submitted to the public Thursday morning, MSU police and the Ingham County Prosecutors office are working together to see that the arrest of these three student-athletes happen promptly.

After the prosecutor’s office has all of the necessary materials they will “review all of the available evidence and information and make a review decision in the short-term future,” according to a press release.

The university also confirmed earlier this week that Curtis Blackwell, a football staff member was on paid suspension, but they did not say why or for what reason. Furthermore, during last week’s press release of the allegations, the athletic department announced that they have hired an independent law firm to review the football program’s Title IX compliance in dealing with this case. Michigan State is currently under investigation for other sexual assault cases such as those that include former MSU doctor Larry Nassar and marching band director John Madden. We will keep you updated with any new information that gets released.

Michigan State