Dakich insults MSU students’ intelligence

Dakich took to Twitter to insult us

Dear Mr. Dakich,

It is well-known that there is a rivalry between the University of Michigan and Michigan State University. This rivalry stems from the comparable athletics, academics and (as their names imply) geography. However, the competitive nature between the two schools is not, as sportscaster Dan Dakich so eloquently tweeted, because “Sparty not only whines but now just dumb!! Couldn’t get into UM??”. The tweet with questionable grammar is now deleted.

In fact, if you look into the student profile for incoming freshmen at UMich, there is a average GPA at 3.87 and an average ACT range starting at 30. Do the same for MSU and the average GPA is the same and the average ACT range starts at 24. So, sure there is a slight difference- you can have that Dakich. But to call students at a renowned academic institution “dumb”? Out of all the reasons to go to MSU (a wide range of great academic programs, the Big Ten environment, the D1 athletics, the campus, shall I go on?), getting denied from UMich isn’t the largest.

If this hasn’t been clear enough, listen to Tom Izzo’s reaction. It’s everything and more. Not only does he call out how unprofessional the tweet was, Izzo demands that his fellow Spartans be treated with more respect. You go, Izzo. He also proves that yet again, MSU holds its own.

Sincerely,

Every MSU student ever.

Michigan State