How to get motivated again post Spring Break

How are we supposed to write 10-page papers after spending an entire week drinking bottomless margaritas?

Spring Break is officially over! After a week of staring at pictures and videos of what was, it’s time to get back into the swing of things in order to make it to summer.

Here’s a handy guide on how to gain back your educational motivation after spending a week in the sunshine, shotgunning Keystone on the beach, and sipping mojitos at the resort pool.

Grab a study buddy

Instead of going through Spring Break withdrawals on your own, grab a friend or group of friends and hit the lib together.

Take breaks from studying for that big Psych exam by sharing your candid beach photos with each other while you slowly die on the inside.

Treat yo self

Finally made it to that 8:30 you’ve been skipping out on for the last 3 weeks? Get yourself something fun, like a coffee from Cortado or even a bagel from Breugger’s.

Plan out the rest of your semester

Yes, seeing how much work you have to do and how little time you have left is very stressful, but grabbing a calendar and marking down all your big deadlines helps you plan out when you should start writing that 10-page paper and studying for finals.

Make a killer playlist

School work can get really boring, really fast. Instead of sitting in silence and getting distracted every time your phone buzzes, jam out to your favorite music while studying for Gen Chem.

Start a countdown to summer

If no other form of self-motivation works, think of the great summer you’re about to enjoy once you finish all of the pointless busywork and stressful exams. Mentally plan out all of the trips to the lake, days at the pool, and drinking on patios you’ll be doing from mid May to early August.

Having a countdown for the start of all of your fun can definitely motivate you to finish this semester strong.

University of Iowa