Iowa is one of the the best value schools in America

Go Hawks

The University of Iowa is one of the best value for money schools in the nation, according to a new ranking.

We beat out rival schools Ithaca, UC Riverside and Oregon for the 296th spot in the top 300 schools in the US.

Kiplinger, a business publisher based in Washington DC, revealed the top colleges that give value for money – a ranking based on data on admissions, the total cost of studying there, financial aid available, debt upon graduation and expected salary.

Don’t be discouraged by Iowa’s ranking! Kiplinger narrowed down this list of the top 300 public, private, and liberal arts schools out of a total of 1200 four year institutions across the nation.

We have included the top 50 colleges in the chart below, along with every Tab school.

Of course, we don’t need a business publisher to tell us that Iowa is worth every penny we as students and our families put into our tuition.

Whether it be the beautiful campus the university spreads across, the amazing nightlife Iowa City and its bar scene provide us with, or the amazing education we dedicate years of our lives to in preparing for the future, we all know Iowa is without a doubt worth it.

University of Iowa