Ashton Kutcher wants to name his son ‘Hawkeye’

Forever a Hawkeye – literally!

Any Hawkeye knows that famous actor Ashton Kutcher is The University of Iowa’s pride and joy. And apparently that goes both ways.

Kutcher, who is Iowa born and attended UI back in the late 90’s, got his start when he was discovered by a modeling scout at Iowa City’s very own The Airliner. Since his rise to fame, Kutcher and his equally as famous spouse, actress Mila Kunis, have made numerous appearances at Hawkeye football games and downtown in Iowa City. Kutcher even makes donations to the university. Talk about a die hard Hawkeye fan!

A throwback tweet from UI’s Tippie College of Business showing off an Ashton Kutcher selfie

The actor loves the Hawkeyes so much, in fact, he has newly announced that he wants to name his second child, “Hawkeye,”on a recent episode of Conan.

Although the name doesn’t fly by Mila, this isn’t the first time Kutcher has had the idea. He also wanted the name for the couple’s first child, Wyatt, who was born back in 2014.

Kutcher making an appearance at a Hawkeye football game and meeting students

Whether or not the name “Hawkeye” sticks for the new Kutcher-Kunis baby, it’s the thought that counts. The Hawkeyes love you, Ashton!

University of Iowa