The A to Z of the University of Illinois

K isn’t even for Kam’s

There are so many great things about Illinois that we love. From Kam’s to Vineyard Vines, we love it all, but can we think of something we love for every letter of the alphabet?

Yes. Yes we can:

Alma Mater

Nothing like seeing that beautiful statue shine day or night. Be sure to take as many pictures as you can in front of it!

Blue Guys

I have no idea what makes those things so irresistible, but ask any U of I student what’s in it and you will receive a hundred different answers.

Canopy Club

There’s no other place on campus that will give you flashbacks to Lolla this past summer! Head to Canopy Club to see some of your favorite artists perform during the school year right on campus.

Dorms

With so many options, you’re bound to find the dorm for you and create memories that last a lifetime. Everyone has those crazy freshman dorm stories!

Espresso Royale

Nothing like that morning coffee to get you through the long day of classes ahead of you. Make sure you head there on Wednesday for $2 lattes

Frat Park

You can catch Frat Park filled with philanthropy teams running down a mud slide or playing flag football.

Green Street

Whatever food you may be craving or coupon you need to use, I guarantee that restaurant can be found on Green! And yes, you can make it to Chipotle and back in time for class.

Happy Hour

What better way to end a stressful week of school and work then hitting the bars before the sun goes down?

Ikenberry Commons

With so many dorms located so close to each other and one of the best dining halls on campus, Ikenberry Commons is the place to be. I mean, you guys have 57 and Caffeinator.

Japanese House Garden

Although it may be somewhat low-key on campus, this beautiful garden is filled with flowers and is wonderfully taken care of. Stop by if you’re stressed during midterms – it will be worth it!

Krannert Center

This is where you can find all the amazingly talented performers and singers come together on campus and put on an awesome show.

Lion

One of the best nightlife spots on campus, you can catch The Red Lion filled with energetic students ready to dance and let loose after a rough week. Whatever you do, don’t wear your nicest pair of shoes.

McKinley Health Center

There’s nothing worse than coming back to school after summer and immediately getting struck with a cold. Head to McKinley and pick up the first of many cold packs for the crazy year ahead.

Neil Street

Have you traveled far enough to hit Neil Street yet? This street basically divides Senior-land from the rest of campus. By the time you’re a senior, you’ll pass Neil Street everyday.

October Lovers

Nothing compares to a club that celebrates the beautiful month of October! Apple picking, corn mazes, and bonfires? Yes, please!

Papa D’s

After a night out, be sure to head to Papa D’s and fill yourself up on the amazing pizza and chicken strips at this iconic UIUC location.

Quad

So this is what is always shown on U of I pamphlets and posters? The beauty of the Quad both day and night will never fail to amaze you.

Ragstock

You’re sure to head to Ragstock if you have a crazy party theme or exchange to attend. They have everything you could ever need for any theme, and I mean anything.

Syllabus Week

Sometimes this exists, and sometimes it doesn’t. This is the week right when classes begin that comes with no homework and another week of laziness, does that ever really happen though?

Twenty Two North or South

Honestly, this is the only bus that I for sure know where it is going. I recommend getting to know the 22N and 22S bus schedule if you’re trying to get around campus fast.

UGL

The UGL is basically hanging out with friends within a library setting. You’re bound to run into someone you know there and catch up about how the weekend was. There is a quiet floor though and the staff is always willing to help with anything you need.

Vineyard Vines

This brand can be seen all over campus being worn by both girls and guys. It’s comfy and casual, I don’t blame them.

Wine Night

Everyone has a story from wine night. If you don’t, you for sure will at some point. Tuesday is like a holiday here on campus, and it’s dedicated to wine.

Xtension Chords

This amazing all male A Capella group will amaze you. Be sure to see them whenever you can.

YMCA

Located right across from the Quad, the YMCA offers many fun activities and services for people off all ages with many different interests.

Zoology

It may be far fetched, but it’s one of the many majors we have here at the University of Illinois to check out.

University of Illinois