Beer, liquor, parties, and Greek Life: The Princeton Review says UIUC is lit

We’re the third best party school now

The Princeton Review 2017 rankings were released today and the overwhelming theme was badass dominance in partying.

Last year, The Princeton Review ranked UIUC as number one party school. This year, they may have ranked us number three, but that doesn’t mean our school is any less entertaining than before. The review breaks down social life into the categories of “Lots of Beer”, “Lots of Greek Life”, “Lots of Hard Liquor”, and the ranking of best party schools.

Even being ranked number three, UIUC did fairly well in each category. In Lots of Hard Liquor we came in as a strong number seven and Lots of Beer we came in number ten.

Dropping down in ranking may also relate with our number five spot for Athletic Facilities. It’s very likely that we partied so hard last year and took on so many empty calories, that this year could mean only one thing: live in the gym.

Can we really complain that much either? Lovie Smith is our football coach now for crying out loud. He and his coaching staff have more NFL experience than any other college team in the world. The resurgence of Illini football may have let do a few more drinks in celebration.

This is probably due to UIUC also being ranked as number eight in “Lots of Greek Life” and the fact that drinking culture is popular here. When you have 40,000 students and the bar entrance age as 19, partying becomes a big deal.

Let’s be honest, everyone on campus knew we had bragging rights for the entire year as the number one party school, so of course we sat back and enjoyed it. It can easily be predicted that the 2016-2017 school year will be a year filled with catching-up, or in better terms chasing shots and pounding beers.

We all know that UIUC is definitely not lacking in places to go and things to do on any given night. With seven different campus bars to choose from, over 90 fraternities and sororities, and two downtown bar scenes within a 10 mile radius, there’s no calling it quits just yet.

With this prediction Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day 2017 may be the best known to date, or worst depending on how you look at. There’s no better way to bring an entire college together than bringing them down a couple notches on the party belt.

Let the chase to become number one begin.

University of Illinois