UIUC is officially the most fun school in the country

Well, according to Business Insider anyway

On Feb. 20, Business Insider declared the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign the most fun college in the country. Factoring in social life, student investment in athletics, alcohol consumption and quality of life, Business Insider features reporter Emmie Martin compiled her list for “The 30 most fun colleges in America.”

Her research came from studying Princeton Review’s college rankings, the publication that ranked UIUC as the number one party school last year.

We have the best drunk food spots too

“Based on our results, the typical ‘fun’ school is a large public university with a strong Greek system and competitive athletics,” Martin wrote. “However, several smaller schools with close-knit communities earned spots on the list as well.”

UIUC is the only Illinois school represented on the list. Other Big Tens on the list include the University of Wisconsin at Madison (16th), Pennsylvania State (8th) and the University of Iowa (third).

Martin interprets UIUC as the most fun school in the country primarily because of our large Greek life and low bar entry age.

“Greek life is huge at the University of Illinois and nearly one-quarter of both men and women join either a fraternity or sorority,” she wrote. “Going Greek isn’t the school’s only social outlet, however. Though they can’t be served until they turn 21, students only have to be 19 to enter bars in the surrounding towns.”

University of Illinois