Breaking: A Hoya was kidnapped in Georgetown and forced to withdraw cash

Police are searching for the suspect

A Georgetown University student was kidnapped yesterday afternoon.

According to a public safety alert, the student was forced to make attempts to withdraw money from ATMs and make expensive purchases at retail locations in DC and Maryland.

Metropolitan Police Department claims the suspect forced the victim into a vehicle and drove away.

The suspect is described as a “white male in his late 30’s to 40’s, 5’9’’-6’0’’ tall, with a medium build, dark colored hair, dark colored mustache, and beard.” He was last seen wearing “a black suit, black shirt, gray necktie, and black shoes.” The suspect’s vehicle is believed to be a light gray or silver colored SUV, but the model is currently unknown.

The last known location of the victim and suspect are the 4500 and 5400 blocks of Wisconsin avenue.

Based on the presently available information, the victim hasn’t been physically injured.

Anyone who has information regarding this case should call police at 202-727-9099 or information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. There is a reward of $1000.

Georgetown University