Finally: Meal Plans and dining halls are getting an overhaul

The dining hall will have a food court

After much anticipation, GUSA, Georgetown’s student government, has presented their updated meal plan changes, and, let me tell you, they did not disappoint.

Meal Swipes

Until now, the maximum number of meal swipes per week was 18. I’m not totally sure how anyone came up with that number because generally people eat three times a day, seven days a week… But now the, logically sound, maximum amount of meal exchanges per week is 21. Say goodbye to ramen dinners once you’ve run out of money and meal swipes.

On top of that, we get five guest meal swipes per semester. Never again does your mom have to pay $15 for a subpar dining hall meal. Like, seriously, you can get an entree at a pretty decent restaurant for that price.

Renovations

Let’s be honest, the dining hall was getting a little run down and funky, but no longer will we have to pinch our noses after getting a whiff of that dirty dish scented air. Honestly, I was really excited when the dining hall “to-go” boxes were implemented this year, and I didn’t think it could get any better, but GUSA outdid themselves.

Leo’s is getting a full on renovation, new management and a food court. In addition, Hoya Court will have new and upgraded options. In the wise words of Nicki Minaj: “No I’m not lucky I’m blessed.”

Unsung Heroes

Georgetown appreciates all members of its community, and that includes the food service and maintenance workers that make our everyday lives a little easier. They are truly the unsung heroes of the Georgetown community, and I applaud GUSA for ensuring that all dining workers will keep their jobs despite the change in management.

A few days ago, UCLA was ranked the number one school for on-campus food in the US. Well, watch out Bruins, the Hoyas are coming for your crown.

Georgetown University