Everything freshmen at Georgetown now understand

It’s been a tough learning process

One does not simply go to the gym at 5pm

Unless you want to be caught up in the gym’s rush hour, line up and waste at least 30 minutes of your time waiting for a run on the treadmill- organize your schedule better so that you manage to exercise at a smarter time.

College work is actually hard

You are no longer competing with only people of your same age and experience. Most of your classes are populated from ages ranging from 17 to 22 and, no matter how smart you are, there will be people who just have more experience or expertise in that area, no matter how hard you work.

It’s OK for school not to be a priority all the time

You thought Georgetown was all about work, but you learn that people around you actually party more than you did in high school. It is okay not to spend every hour of your life in Lau. You learn that the people you hang out with are smart enough to give you life lessons while simultaneously being drunk. Class is not the only classroom.

Language classes do not equal happiness

No matter how easy language classes are, if you like partying- refrain from taking them. You learn that language classes schedules are usually the worst for a party animal- having to go to the early morning classes on Friday will ruin your Thirsty Thursday experiences no matter what.

Lau essentially is not the greatest location to study

You learn that there are better study areas than Lau such as Healy student centre and Regents, however you won’t stop going there-  being the biggest place populated by hotties, coffee and socialising.

Vineyard Vines is not a choice, it’s an obligation within the American male community at Georgetown

No matter what type of clothing male students from all around the US wore their first month at Georgetown, after about two months that they reside here, they will own at least 1 piece of clothing from the preppiest and most diffused brand here: Vineyard Vines.

Leos is not the place to be

Smelling of food for an entire day/night is not going to capture the attention that you want from people- especially specimens you’re interested in. Don’t be surprised if people make up excuses so that they can sit as far away as possible from you.

You’ll never get used to the beautiful sunsets

No matter how many times you experience the amazing sunsets in Georgetown, you’ll never get too used to them- every sunset is prettier than the previous one.

You realize you still have four years left of high school, however, contrastingly, there are real consequences for misbehaving

You finally got the independence you always craved for during high school, however… do you really enjoy it? The responsibilities you have taken off your parents shoulders and placed on yours now are not pleasant. Like… the idea of going to prison is not so funny anymore.

Everything you need to survive can fit in one room

Everything you and your roommate need fits in one room- thank Bed, Bath and Beyond for its convenient objects made for college. Like, me and my roommate own about a ton of stupid random stuff that fits in our room on top of our necessities- and yes, five sets of disco lights are one of the many extras we own.

Georgetown University