Let’s hope the Gators show up in Kentucky the way they did vs South Carolina

Faaantastic!

The Gators beat South Carolina 88-66 in a promising game Tuesday night, giving us hope for tomorrow’s game against Kentucky.

It was the seventh sold out game of the season. Pressure was on against South Carolina, whom the Gators lost to in a close game earlier in the year. The Gators delivered to a crowd of over 11,000 and played strong defense while shooting more solidly than usual. They out-rebounded the Gamecocks and were clearly the hungrier team.

The game was back and forth for the entire first half. Gators held a 10 point lead six minutes before the half and blew it with a mixture of sloppy defensive plays and poor calls.

With just seconds left, KeVaughn Allen dunked, retaking the lead and energizing the crowd. It was solid momentum to finish strong, and it literally had the Rowdy Reptiles dancing all throughout halftime.

Another ?night from the @mbkrowdies #ThankYou #LoudNoises #OneTeam

A post shared by Gators Men's Basketball (@gatorsmbk) on Feb 21, 2017 at 7:12pm PST

KeVaughn Allen was the leading scorer, with a total of 26 points for the night. Devin Robinson followed with 12 points, and Chris Chiozza with 10. Canyon Barry decided to play after hurting his ankle vs. Mississippi State, but only for about nine minutes of game time.

Florida shot 81.5 percent of free throws, which is a big mark of how far this team has come. In previous seasons, it really was their Achilles Heel.

The Gators face Kentucky on Saturday to determine who will win the SEC. Go Gators!

University of Florida: UF