Here are the 2017 Gator Football signees

Who’s joining the back to back SEC East Champs?

#CHOMPCHOMP

Coach Mac’s second recruiting class as the Head Coach of the Florida Gators is in full swing.

Many thought it would be a slow year for the Gators, but it appears that the Swamp will be loaded in 2017. As of 4:30 p.m, the Gators are ranked ninth of all recruiting classes by Rivals.

The following players listed in bold have signed a Letter of Intent. A player not in bold indicates they are committed to the Gators but have not yet signed an LOI.

An asterisk indicates that the athlete announced their choice of the Gators on National Signing Day.

A double asterisk indicates that the Gators flipped this athlete from their previous commitment.

• Jake Allen- Pro Style QB, from Fort Lauderdale, 4 Star 
  • Lacedrick Brunson- OLB, from Miami, 2 Star 
  • Zech Byrd- TE, from Milbrook, AL, 4 Star
  • Zachary Carter- DE, from Tampa, 4 Star                 
  • Elijah Conliffe- DT, from Hampton, VA, 4 Star *
  • Malik Davis- RB, from Tampa, 3 Star 
  • Shawn Davis- CB, from Miami, 4 Star 
  • Brian Edwards- CB, from Miramar, 4 Star *
  • Daquon Green- WR, from Tampa, 4 Star 
  • Chris Henderson- CB, from Miami, 4 Star *
  • Adarius Lemons- RB, from Clearwater, 4 Star *
  • Ventrell Miller- OLB, from Lakeland, 3 Star 
  • T.J. Moore- OG, from Charlotte, NC, 4 Star  
  • James Robinson- WR, from Lakeland, 4 Star *
  • Tedarrell “TJ” Slaton- DL, from Plantation, 4 Star *   
  • Nick Smith- OLB, from Orlando, 3 Star
  • Brad Stewart- CB, from New Orleans, LA, 4 Star   
  • Donovan Stiner- S, from Bellaire, TX, 3 Star  
  • Marco Wilson- CB from Fort Lauderdale, 4 Star

Right off the Bat

Gator fans hope their QB woes will finally end with Jake Allen of Fort Lauderdale, FL. A childhood Gator fan, Allen has remained a steady commit for Florida, and has even helped recruiting by trying to get WRs to come with him. His pro-style training seems to have him on the same page with Coach Mac’s offense. Allen helped lead St. Thomas Aquinas to a class 7A state title this year. The QB competition appears to be between he and Feleipe Franks this fall, and they both seem up to the challenge. Some say he may need a year to get ready and develop for the starting job.

Florida’s competition with LSU about who the real “DBU” is seems like it will continue, as the Gators add strength to their already stellar defense with five different 4-star CBs in Shawn Davis, Brian Edwards, Chris Henderson, Brad Stewart, and Marco Wilson. Henderson was between Miami, Florida, and Alabama, and most expected him to pick Miami.

The offense picked up two athletic jewels between 3 and 4 p.m. with RB Adarius Lemons and WR James Robinson. Fans want a more complete offense this season, and more to take some of the receiving load off of Antonio Callaway. Robinson was cited with Possession of Marijuana at an official visit to Ohio State, causing Florida to revoke its offer. Today, the offer was returned, and Robinson decided to become a Florida Gator.

UF has also struggled to protect its QB for a few years now with an injured and young offensive line. TJ Moore should be able to get some work in early and provide depth to the offensive line.  He chose Florida over Tennessee and South Carolina, and could be an impact player for the Gators.

Update:

As of 3 p.m., Zech Byrd told reporters he is not signing with Florida today. He did not say why, but said that he still plans to in the future.

Early Enrollees

The following players enrolled for the Spring 2017 Semester in January.

• Kyree Campbell- DT, from Kingston, PA, 4 Star
  • Kemore Gamble- TE, from Miami, 4 Star
  • James Houston- OLB, from Fort Lauderdale,  3 Star
  • Kadeem Telfort- OT, from Miami, 4 Star
  • Kadarius Toney- ATH, from Eight Mile, AL, 4 Star

***Star rankings are from ESPN class rankings.

This page will be continuously updated as more players commit and sign

University of Florida: UF