How to wear an everyday velvet look this winter

You need velvet in your life

Now that 2016 is coming to a close, it’s worth ending the year on a high note by looking and feeling good.

Ditch the tired holiday sequins and glitter you see every year and make a statement with crushed velvet.

If you’ve walked into any clothing store, you’ve definitely seen endless velvet displays, and it’s for a reason: it looks and feels amazing.

Up the ante on your usual holiday outfit by throwing on a velvet piece over the simplest of outfits and you’ve automatically transformed your entire aesthetic.

Celebs like Cara Delevingne and Kendall Jenner have been rocking the trend, which seemingly came out of nowhere! But don’t get us wrong, we’re loving it.

Now all you have to do is craft an itinerary for your winter getaway, because your wardrobe is covered.

We have created the perfect, velvet ensembles that will have you crushing the fashion game.

A velvet bomber is a must-have this winter

Pair a velvet jacket with every girl’s go-to uniform: a white T-shirt and trusty ‘worn’ black skinnies, and you have just put your usual street style to shame.

Mix prints, mix textures, and rock it.

Texture, texture, texture

Don’t be afraid to play with fun material and add different kinds of texture with your crushed velvet pieces. Like pairing these overalls with a matching rose-colored sequin purse.

The holiday season is a time to play and experiment. Plus, if 2016 taught us one thing, it’s that anything goes.

You can also tone your velvet piece down by channeling a hipster-girl vibe. And nothing says hipster than a pair of rose-colored velvet overalls. Pair these overalls with a plain white tee and you will look effortlessly chic.

With crushed velvet, you don’t need much. You can look put together and holiday-party ready wearing only one piece, like with this off-white crushed velvet mini dress. Just grab a coat and a cute beanie, and you are done.

Mix and match your favorite velvet pieces, like wearing your overalls with a black shirt instead of white or instead of black skinnies, wear lace-detailed boyfriend jeans, and your velvet pieces can be worn time and time again.

Now that we’ve planned out favorite velvet ensembles, you will hands down have the most lush-looking and comfortable outfits for a winter getaway.

University of Florida: UF