With Cruz and Kasich out the race, could Donald Trump actually be the next president?

They couldn’t stump the Trump

In the 2016 GOP primary, fifteen different Republican candidates have tried – and yet, Donald Trump persevered. It seems like nobody can stump The Trump.

The Donald’s two remaining challengers dropped out of the race following yesterday’s Indiana state primary, in which he took 53 percent of the vote, compared to Cruz’s 37 percent and Kasich’s eight percent.

This means he will very certainly be the Republican party nominee, and one of two serious contenders for the position of “leader of the free world.”

The Trump carnival doesn’t look like it’ll be closing down without putting up a real fight in the general election. He trails the very likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton by 13 percent in national polls – a substantial but surmountable margin.

At this point, we shouldn’t still be discounting the very real possibility that come next year, elementary school students across the nation will be signing their letters to the president, “Dear President Donald Trump.”

Dartmouth