This is the moment a high school senior was accepted to Cornell

Welcome to the Class of 2021

This is the moment a high school senior realizes he was accepted to Cornell – and when his friends went wild.

Brendon Gauthier, a high schooler from Louisiana, enjoyed a once in a lifetime moment with his friends as he opened his acceptance letter to our school:

It is absolutely amazing to see this much positivity and support surrounding an individual, and to have this moment of emotion caught on camera.

Of course, there also had to be some pressure with so many loved ones, friends, and teachers watching a life defining moment unfold.

As with many other future Cornellians, the long moment of finding out determined that Brendon Gauthier would spend the next four years of his life at his top choice.

In the moments after the video, Brendon met his parents with tears, as he told the Cornell Sun: “As soon as I got to my family, I immediately just broke down.

“Whenever I saw them, I saw my history — I saw my life throughout 17 years and all the trials and tribulations that I went through.”

We are so happy to welcome Brendon and the rest of members of the Cornell Class of 2021 who have been accepted so far.

This video shows an amazing celebration of a feat many college bound students dream of. The incoming class of freshmen to Cornell University will continue to impress and to accomplish great things.

Cornell