Bucknell clubs join together to hold BisonCon

It’s a fun convention of Bucknell’s own creation

BisonCon, Bucknell’s multi-club convention, is an annual event involving involving student-run organizations, each of which bring their own flavor to the event.

Activities ranged from crafting your own wand, to story round robins (which result in silly, stitched-together tales), to Smash tournaments. Attendees also had the opportunity to try out Nintendo’s newest release, the Switch.

On March 25th, students from seven different organizations gathered at Uptown for a night of fun, games and nerdy prizes at BisonCon.

Clubs in sponsorship and attendance included Anime Club, C.A.L.V.I.N. and H.O.B.B.E.S., D.R.A.G.O.N., Fandom United, Japan Society, Smash Club and Writers of Rohan.

These organizations all brought their own activities to the night. Whenever an individual participated in an event or won a challenge, such as besting the club president of D.R.A.G.O.N. in a Live Action Role Playing combat match, they would earn a raffle tickets.  Extra tickets were distributed to individuals in costume, as a reward for enthusiasm and getting into the spirit.

The raffle gave away a range of prizes, from Gamestop gift cards to sets of dice. Members of all clubs banded together for a multi-club trivia competition. Winners received posters.

All in all, this night fosters a wondrous blend between different “nerdy” clubs on campus to hold a fun and enjoyable convention of Bucknell’s own creation.

If you wish to join any of these clubs, or simply want more information about them, check out their pages on the IN Network.

Photography by: Marissa Diehl

Bucknell University