Despite it all, it’s pretty unfair for the press to accuse Melania Trump of being a hooker

Call them on their shit, Melania

Our new FLOTUS filed a lawsuit Monday against The Daily Mail for publishing defamatory statements insinuating she was a prostitute. Melania sought a total of $15o million for “tremendous harm to [her] personal and professional reputation.”

The accusations come following an article entitled “Naked photoshoots, and troubling questions about visas that won’t go away: The VERY racy past of Donald Trump’s Slovenian wife” which was published August of 2016.

The article claimed Melania was an “elite escort” and associated with the “sex business” during her time as a model.

This whole situation is rife with slut-shaming overtones, and honestly? Good for Melania.

The media has no problem rushing to call Donald Trump out on his lies. Yet, how come it’s okay for them to spread defamatory statements about Melania because she’s comfortable expressing her sexuality?

Not to mention, nude photoshoots? Really? We live in a world where sending nudes is a common practice, and a downright art form. God forbid Melania have some confidence in her model-status body while she was in Slovenia. It’s not like she’s going to be publishing nudes from the White House.

And while we’re being honest, this isn’t the first time the Mail has published some sexist B.S. Melania’s doing us all a favor by calling them out.

Melania may not be the hero we want, but she just might be the hero we need. Let’s hope that this is the beginning of a crusade against slut-shaming and negativity towards women who are comfortable expressing their sexuality.

Or, she’s just suing in true Trump fashion. We’ve got four years to find out.

Bucknell University