BREAKING: Anti-Islamic and white nationalist flyers found on Bucknell’s campus

‘Similar flyers were discovered in downtown Lewisburg’

Bucknell students and faculty have received a campus-wide email from President John Bravman reporting the presence of “several flyers containing white nationalist and anti-Islamic messages” attached to trees in the Grove on campus.

According to the email, “each included a link to a website filled with addition hateful and racist content.” Bravman refused to name the website, saying, “I will not give the perpetrator(s) of this act the satisfaction of naming the site.”

Bravman also stated that recently “similar flyers were discovered in downtown Lewisburg.”

The presence of these flyers follows the discovery of a swastika found in a Bertrand Library bathroom stall.

Bravman reported that Bucknell is working alongside Buffalo Valley Regional Police to “explore their familiarity with anyone involved,” and using security camera footage from the vicinity to identify possible perpetrators. He advised students to report any similar incidents to Public Safety.

Bravman concluded the email, saying:

“Acts such as this are an affront to our values and our commitment to building a more inclusive community. They must not be tolerated. Please take care of yourselves and each other. Together, we can be a stronger Bucknell united against hate and discrimination in all of its forms.”

More details to follow

Bucknell University