Every drunk person you will meet in Allston

Welcome to Rat City!

There’s nothing that screams BU nightlife quite like partying in the basement of a dingy frat house.

Allston is home to so many good memories (or bad ones, we don’t judge). Even with a huge undergrad population, you’re still going to run into someone you know on a lit Friday night.

Even though BU isn’t your typical “party school,” you’re still bound to encounter these stereotypes.

The one who loves the bar

This is the person in your group with the really good fake.

As soon as a mixer is called, they’ll be the person yanking their friend away from a hookup to get in an Uber to Patron’s.

Their Instagram is probably a good mix of beer flights, champagne-bubble boomerangs, and photos from the Wonder Bar Facebook page.

The ultimate frat star

You know the guy whose shirt is unbuttoned, hat is on backwards, has played twelve rounds of BP, and is now running around the basement pouring shots into everyone’s mouth? This is the ultimate frat star.

BU isn’t entirely famous for its wild Greek scene, but there are quite a few Animal House wannabes. He’s one of them.

The guy who stays on the main level

We party in basements, because this is Allston. But, you’ll still stumble across the guy who never leaves the main level of a frat house.

He’s standing at the door with a handle in his hand monitoring who’s coming in and out of the house.

Or he’s just THAT drunk he can’t walk himself down those ridiculously steep and narrow stairs. Who can blame him?

The one who has no idea what’s going on

This person could go one of two ways.

Either they’re a freshman whose friends forced them to come out and they now have their face buried in what’s probably their fourth cup of jungle juice.

Or they’re the person that didn’t go out much in high school and have no idea how to appropriately act in such a social setting. They’re for sure blacking out just to forget the night.

The girl who Snapchats everything

You can’t do anything without being blinded by the flash from her camera. When she’s drunk, everything is worthy of a Snap. She’ll use the same “Rat City” filter for every picture.

She’ll probably regret that eighty-five second story in the morning, but at least her Memories are lit AF.

The stingy bartender 

This is the frat boy who’s too drunk to understand that a mixed drink is not half a shot of vodka and an entire cup of fruit punch.

We get it, alcohol is expensive and they don’t want to be TOO generous. But when you ask for more, they’ll tell you to finish what you have first and come back. They do not deserve the title of a bartender.

The girl who can’t hang

It’s barely 11 p.m., she’s had maybe four shots, and she’s already claimed her place throwing up in the bathroom at T. Anthony’s. Every stall is full and you really gotta go, but all her friends are screaming at you that she doesn’t feel well.

We’ve all been there. But she’s been there and back about a hundred times.

She’s still gonna rally and eat five pieces of mozzarella-stick pizza though.

See you at T’s!

BU