Where to take your date this Valentine’s Day

Everyone wants that Boston romance

Boston is full of great date spots, even for those of you who are scrambling for ideas. Here is a guide to awesome dates for those of you who need some help.

Boston Symphony

The Boston Symphony is a perfect excuse for couples to get dressed up. If tickets are booked in advance, the symphony can be very affordable. In addition, this Valentines Day the Symphony is offering a special that includes two glasses of champagne, a box of chocolate, and two Premium orchestra seats for a total of $190.

Photo taken by Cassandra Rose.

Take a romantic walk through the Boston Public Garden

Photo from the Boston Public Garden website. Photographer unknown.

The Boston Public Garden is one of the most popular spots in Boston. The cold Boston weather is perfect for couples to snuggle tightly next to one another. Couples could also buy some coffee or hot chocolate and some pastries to help keep warm.

The Paint Bar

Photo taken from The Paint Bar website.

The Paint Bar makes for an engaging date activity. The type of art work changes daily, so it would be helpful for couples to look on The Paint Bar website before planning a date. This activity costs anywhere from $30 to $40.

Walk the Esplanade to Harvard Square

This date idea will be easy on your wallet. Couples can take a romantic walk along the Esplanade towards Harvard Square, weather permitting. There are often different festivals going on in the Esplanade around the holidays. Just be sure you have on proper walking shoes.

Improv and an Italian Dinner

Photo taken from Boston University Today website, taken by Samantha Pickette.

The North End is the place to be for authentic Italian food. There are a great variety of restaurants for dinner options. After a great meal, head off to an improv show at the Improv Asylum. This date idea typically has a longer wait time so make sure to keep that in mind. This is a great idea for couples who want to stay warm this Valentines Day.

Ice skating at the Frog Pond

Photo taken from Verge campus taken by Michael Vinci.

The Frog Pond is located at Boston Common, and the ice skating season runs from December to March. Admission is $5, and skate rentals are $10, making it a great idea for college students who are on a budget, but still want to have some fun. This is a perfect teaching opportunity if your boyfriend or girlfriend doesn’t know how to skate. You could hold hands and guide them along the ice rink. Or if you both don’t know how to ice skate, falling down on your butts is a perfect bonding experience.

The Boston Aquarium

Photo taken by Esther Horvath.

The Boston Aquarium is perfect for when it is too cold outside. Tickets are typically about $25. Also, make sure to bring your college ID because the aquarium offers discounts to college students. This aquarium contains about 15 different exhibits and an IMAX theater. Couples have a chance to stay warm and also do something other than a typical date night.

Visit some museums

The Museum of Fine Arts and The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are just two of the many museums located in Boston. Admission at both of these museums are free for college students with proper ID. This date idea is both cheap and educational. Couples can learn and also take cute pictures next to different art works.

Good luck with last-minute planning!

Feature image taken by Alice Donovan Rouse.

BU Hide Images