What ‘Weeks of Welcome’ has in store for you

You don’t want to miss this

Continuing the longstanding tradition, BU has put together a load of events for incoming and returning terriers to enjoy the first weeks of school. Weeks of Welcome is a chance for everyone to explore all the campus has to offer, and to make new friends while having some fun.

The Tab has put together the list of all the events found on the SAO (Student Activities Office) website for your convenience.

Ice Cream Social 

September 2nd at BU Central, 9pm

BU provides free ice cream at this event for you to meet new people, or catch up with friends.

Drive-In Movie- “Captain America: Civil War”

September 3rd at BU Beach, 8pm

Didn’t catch what happened between Captain American and Iron Man? Well now you can, for FREE. Best enjoyed with a towel to sit on, and friends to watch with.

Not Your Grandma’s Bingo

September 4th at Metcalf Ballroom, 9pm 

This is a Bingo night like no other. Grab your friends and get ready to win great prizes! The Student Activities website offers ‘half off specials’ for Domino’s pizza using the code RHETT. 

TDT: Tie Dye Thursday

September 8th at BU Central, 9pm

Always wanted to show off your amazing tie dye skills? The possibilities are endless, and you even get to keep the shirt.

Last year, our guest was none other than Retta!

Mystery Performance 

September 9th at Metcalf Ballroom, Doors Open 9:30pm

The event everyone is anticipating. Join your fellow terriers for the most talked about night of Weeks of Welcome. Mystery Guest to be announced soon, stay tuned!

Join the dark side, we have stickers.

SPLASH!

September 10th at Nickerson Field, 1pm

Every BU sanctioned organization/group/club will be at Nickerson Field for SPLASH! This is your chance to see all your options for extracurriculars for the school year. Find what you’re interested in, or do something you’ve never tried before.

Groove Boston

September 10th at Metcalf Ballroom, 10pm

If you haven’t been to a school dance since middle school, BU has a treat for you. A new addition to Weeks of Welcome will have you dancing the night away with friends to the start of the new school year.

Student Group Showcase

September 15th at BU Central, 9pm

Come see your talented fellow terriers represent the best A Capella and dance, and comedy groups BU has to offer.

The BU Beach, just waiting for terriers to come.

Shakespeare on the Beach

September 16th at BU Beach, 8pm

It’s time to say, “Goodnight, goodnight. Parting is such sweet sorrow,” as we finish the Weeks of Welcome events with a rousing performance of Romeo and Juliet.

Visit the Weeks of Welcome 2016 page to register for these free events while you still can.

Featured image courtesy of Barron Roth Photography

BU