Freshman claims to have seen ‘white silverfish’ in West

BU has started an investigation

Nicole Cano was in West dining hall Tuesday afternoon when she noticed small white “creatures” on the floor.

Nicole (CGS ’19) told The Tab she got up to put her dishes away when she saw “little white things on the floor.”

“When I looked down I noticed a lot of small white ‘creatures’ on the floor. When I sat back down after a while I saw the same white things crawling around my feet.”

Nicole freaked out and Googled what it could be. Upon researching, she believes these little white things are called White Silverfish and are not uncommon at BU.

“Presence of one White Silverfish commonly means that you have a full on infestation, since the white coloration means they are young in age.” Nicole quotes in her post on the Class of 2019 Facebook group.

We reached out to BU for a comment on the incident. They have started an investigation in the West Campus Dining Room.

“We would ask students with any concerns about safety and sanitation to reach out directly to a Dining Services staff member so we can act immediately.”

Nicole did not speak with any dining hall staff but asks, “Why hasn’t BU called Orkin to fix the problem, because apparently they have been there for a while?”

BU