Paul Ryan is coming to Providence on Thursday and Rhode Island intends to give him ‘hell’

There’s an event to protest him

Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, will visit Providence on Thursday.

His team has remained tight-lipped about his presence in Rhode Island and his plans for his time here. A spokesperson for Paul Ryan told Eyewitness News that “heĀ is in Rhode Island this week to meet with supporters and attend several events.”

Because of Ryan’s unpopular plans to repeal the Affordable Care Act without a replacement, protesters intend to obstruct his visit to the Ocean State. An event has already been planned for Thursday at 2:30 at 40 Fountain Street.

The description of the event says:

“Speaker Paul Ryan, the arch-conservative leader of House Republicans, king of tax cuts for the wealthy and budget cuts for everyone else, is coming to Rhode Island this Thursday.

“At 3pm he’ll be at 40 Fountain Street. Let’s give him the warm welcome he deserves!”

Residents expressed thier displeasure with the Republican politician on Facebook:

Additional information about the protest can be found here.

Brown University Hide Images